For a quick & easy veggie meal, try these super sausages. As a top tip, once the mixture is formed, set aside in the fridge to firm up before cooking.
- 175 g sliced white bread
- 25 g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 175 g courgette, grated
- 150 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, separated
- a little salt & pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Make the breadcrumbs by tearing the bread into pieces and blitzing it in a food processor. Squeeze the excess liquid out of the courgette.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion until soft. Add the grated courgette and cook for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Mix with the grated cheese, half the breadcrumbs, the egg yolk and seasoning. Shape into 8 sausages about 10 cm (4 in) long, using floured hands. Dip into the lightly beaten egg white and then roll in the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in a wok or frying pan and shallow fry the sausages until lightly golden.