Round up a group of willing mini chefs to help decorate these cupcakes. It’s a recipe for fun (as well as a slightly messy afternoon).
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
For the Cupcakes:
- 150 ml pot natural yoghurt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 175 g golden caster sugar
- 140 g self-raising flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a good pinch of salt
- 175 g butter melted
- 75 g raisins
- Smarties or M&Ms for eyes
- chocolate buttons for ears
- Jelly Tots for nose
- tubes of black Writing Icing (available in small tubes in most supermarkets)
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases and heat the oven to 190C / 170 C fan. Put the yoghurt, eggs and vanilla in a jug and mix together. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt and make a well in the centre. Pour in the yoghurt mix and the melted butter and quickly fold in the ingredients but take care not to over mix. Finally, toss the raisins in a little flour and fold into the mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cases. The will be quite full and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until risen and springy to the touch. Cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, attach the Smartie or M&M eyes using a blob of Writing Icing and add a Jelly Tot for the nose. Fill in the pupils with Writing Icing and stick on chocolate buttons for the ears.