Tasty Chicken & Rice
In four simple steps, this chicken & rice dish is a winner for babies & toddlers alike. It’s filling too.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 150g long grain rice
- 75g butternut squash, diced
- 30g carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (100g)
- ½ red pepper, diced (60g)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp sundried tomato paste
- A dash of sugar
- 100g cooked chicken breast, diced
- 2 tbsp canned sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp basil , chopped
- 25g parmesan, grated
- cooked chicken, shredded
- Cook the rice, squash and carrot in boiling salted water for about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, pepper and garlic and fry for 5 to 8 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn, basil , parmesan and rice and mix together.