Sweetcorn Fritters are a firm favourite with many families and are loved by children and adults. They make a fantastic snack and lunchbox filler and as they are quick & simple to make & can be frozen for convenience.
- 30 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 x 200 g can sweetcorn, drained (drained weight 170g)
- 1 large or 2 small spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower or canola oil for frying
- Put all the ingredients except the oil in the bowl of a food processor and whiz for one minute to make a batter.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large frying pan and drop in teaspoonfuls of the batter. Cook for 1 to 1 ½ minutes in batches of 5 until golden on the underside, then carefully turn and cook for a further minute.
- You can use the back of a spoon to help push the fritter onto a spatula to make turning easier.
- Drain briefly on kitchen paper before serving