A tangy chicken recipe with oodles of child appeal. Chopsticks at the ready!
For the Dish:
- 75 g baby sweetcorn, cut into quarters
- 75 g green beans, cut into halves
- 75 g carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 spring onions
For the Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp rice wine vingear
- 2 tsp sugar
- 50 ml water
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Steam the sweetcorn, green beans and carrot for about 6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolk, cornflour and milk.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Season the chicken pieces, dip into the batter and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spring onions and sauté for another minute.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Add the vegetables to the chicken in the pan.
- Bring to the boil then simmer until thickened.