Stuffed Pitta Pockets
Brighten up lunchtimes with these colourful pitta pockets. Stuff them with your family’s favourite fillings such as tuna mayonnaise or hummus & falafel.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 2 eggs
- 200 g can tuna in oil
- 100 g sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- a few drops Tabasco sauce
- salad cress (optional)
- 2 pitta breads
- Put the eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes (the yolk should be solid).
- Drain and cool under cold water and peel the eggs when cold.
- Meanwhile, strain the oil from the can of tuna and mix the flaked tuna together with the sweetcorn, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, spring onion, salt and pepper and the Tabasco sauce.
- Roughly chop the hard-boiled eggs and add to the tuna mix with the salad cress (if using), stirring well.
- Cut the pitta breads in half to give 4 pitta pockets and divide the mixture between them.