In need of lunchbox inspo? Wrap a piece of omelette in foil for your child’s packed lunch, for a nutritious & filling midday munch.
Did you know that runny or soft-boiled eggs are safe for babies / toddlers to eat? Find out more here
- 100 g new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 courgette, diced or grated
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded & roughly chopped
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Italian hard style cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a lightly salted saucepan of water to the boil, add the new potatoes, reduce the pan to a simmer and cook the potatoes for about 12 minutes, until tender.
- Drain, leave to cool and then cut into slices.
- Heat the oil in an 18-20 cm non stick frying pan. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chopped courgette and sauté for about 6 minutes.
- When the courgette is cooked, add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the sliced new potatoes.
- Beat the eggs together with the milk, Italian hard style cheese and a little seasoning. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook over a medium heat for about 4 minutes or until the eggs are set underneath.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Place the frying pan under the grill with the handle sticking out if not metal and cook for about 3 minutes until golden and set.
- Take out and when the omelette is cold, cut into wedges and wrap in foil.