Combining salmon with root veggies is a tasty way to introduce your little ones to fish.
- 200 g carrots, peeled & sliced
- 125 g salmon fillet, skinned
- 60 ml orange juice
- 40 g grated Cheddar cheese
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- Put the carrots into a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and cook over a medium heat for about 20 minutes until tender. Alternatively, place the vegetables in a steamer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon in a suitable dish, pour over the orange juice and scatter over the cheese. Cover, leaving an air vent and microwave on high for about 2 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork . Alternatively, cover with foil and cook in a 180°C/ 350°F/Gas 4 pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Flake the fish with a fork, carefully removing any bones. Drain the carrots, mix with the butter and milk and puree in a blender together with the flaked fish and its sauce. For older babies, mash the carrots together with the butter and the milk and then mix the flaked fish with the mashed carrots.