Calling all elves! Get into the Christmas spirit by making these festive cupcakes that everyone can enjoy.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
For the Cupcakes
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 eggs
- 150 g butter at room temperature
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- zest of half a small orange
- 45 g dried cranberries, chopped
For the Icing
- 100 g softened butter
- 175 g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Fan 160C / Gas 4
- Line a deep muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- Measure the eggs. Caster sugar, butter, flour, baking powder, milk and zest into a mixing bowl. Beat together using an electric hand whisk. Stir in the cranberries and spoon into the cases.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until well risen and lightly golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, sieve the icing sugar into the soft butter, beat together until smooth. Add the cocoa powder and mix until smooth. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up a little.
- Pipe or spread the icing over the cold cupcakes. Slice each Curly Wurly into three widthways, then in half lengthways to make 6 antlers. Repeat with the remaining bars. Push the antlers into the cupcakes. Place a cherry on each cake to make a nose. Put 2 sultanas on each cake to make the eyes. Chill until firm.