Quinoa & Edamame Salad with Honey & Ginger Dressing
Quinoa is one of the world’s most popular superfoods. It’s loaded with protein, fibre & minerals & tastes delicious with this honey & ginger dressing.
For The Salad
- 150 g quinoa
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp canned sweetcorn kernels
- 100/40 g/oz shelled edamame beans, cooked and refreshed under cold running water
For The Dressing
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp runny hunny
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- Put the quinoa and 300ml (1/2 pint) of water into a small saucepan. Cover, then bring to the boil. Stir and turn off the heat, then re-cover and set aside until all of the water has been reabsorbed. Season and leave to cool.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl with the grated carrot, spring onions, sweetcorn and edamame beans.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, then add to the salad and mix well before serving.