Plaice, Leek & Sweet Potato
Plaice is a great second-stage weaning food as the flesh is white, tender & subtle in flavour, making it ideal for babies.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- Generous knob of butter
- 1 leek, finely diced
- 150 g sweet potato, diced into 1cm cubes
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tomato, skinned & roughly chopped
- 100 g plaice fillets, cut into chunks
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the leek & soften for 5-8 minutes.
- Cook the sweet potato in boiling water for 10 minutes until soft & then drain.
- Add the tomato & milk to the leek, bring to the boil.
- Add the plaice & simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cheese & sweet potato then blend until smooth.