Bandage up your bakes, a brilliant foodie Halloween stunt that will trick your guests.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 220 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100 g sultanas
- 125 g pumpkin, peeled, deeseeded and grated
- 100 g soft butter
- 25 g sifted icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- mini smarties
- black writing icing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400ºF/Gas 6
- Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases
- Put all ingredients into a free-standing electric mixer and whisk until blended.
- Spoon into the cases
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and lightly golden on top.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.
- To make the icing, gradually mix the butter with the icing sugar, then stir in the vanilla and enough boiling water to make a good piping consistency.
- Using a flat piping nozzle, pipe the strips of muslin onto the mummy. Add mini smarties for the eyes, and draw on the pupils in writing icing.