Mini Hot Dog Christmas Wreath
This edible wreath will bring the wow factor to your Christmas table. It’s easy to make & kids will love assembling the foodie wreath.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 1 sheet (320g) of ready rolled puff pastry sheets
- 15 mini hot dogs
- a little dijon mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 red pepper
- rocket leaves
- Defrost the puff pastry sheet overnight in the fridge or leave for about 1 hour to thaw at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Fan / 200°C / Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside. Using a sharp knife, slice each puff pastry sheet into 16 squares (you will have some squares left over).
- Roll out the puff pastry so that it is thinner. Cut out 15 squares of approx. 7 cm. The size will depend on the sausages that you use- it needs to be just large enough to wrap around the sausage. Spread a little mustard over the pastry. Wrap the pastry around each sausage and join the pastry together with a drop of water. Arrange on a baking tray in a circle.
- Mix together the egg and milk and brush the egg wash over the pastry.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the bow, slice off the top and bottom of the red pepper. Remove all the seeds and slice to create a bow. Slide the Christmas wreath onto a serving platter and arrange the bow at the bottom of the wreath. Decorate with a few rocket leaves.