Mini Energy Balls
Try these delicious Mini Energy Balls. They make a healthy snack and are ideal to give you or your child a mid-morning or afternoon energy boost.
- 200g/ 7 oz pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 125g/4 ½ oz porridge oats
- 40g /1 ½ oz raisins
- 20g/ ¾ oz pecans, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 20g/ ¾ oz Rice Krispies
- A pinch of salt (for babies over 12 months)
- Put the dates in a saucepan with 100ml / 4 fl oz boiling water. Cover with a lid, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the soaked date mixture to a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth (or blend in a bowl using a stick blender)
- Place the peanut butter and date mixture in a saucepan and melt over a low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients to the pan. Mix well, then shape into 30 equal-sized little balls. Place the balls on a plate and chill for 1 hour before eating.
- The balls will keep in the fridge, stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.