Mini Crown Cupcakes
Bake-up a batch of these charming crown cupcakes. Small & bite size, they’re the perfect addition to any royal afternoon tea.
- 110 g butter, softened
- 110 g sugar
- 110 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110 g soft butter
- 110 g icing sugar
- 125 g each of ready to roll red, blue and white fondant icing
- small gold dragees
- red, white and blue jelly beans
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350F / Gas 4 and line mini muffin tins with 18 small paper cases.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the butter mixture.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until risen , lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter and then gradually add the icing sugar one tablespoon at a time until you get a smooth icing.
- Place the mini cupcakes on a cooling rack and when cool, spread a little of the buttercream on top of each cake.
- Roll out the blue icing and then cut out circles large enough to just cover the tops of the mini cupcakes.
- Roll out the red and white icing and cut this into strips.
- Arrange the strips on top of the blue icing. If you wet the underside of the icing it should stick.
- Finally dab a little buttercream on top of each of the mini cupcakes and place a gold dragee on top.