Mini Bunny Quiches
Why not try these bunnylicious savoury serves this spring? They also make for a great alternative in your picnic spread.
- 8 mini tortilla wraps
- Olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 ml milk
- 120g Gruyere cheese, grated
- Spring onions
- Preheat the oven to 180C Fan. Grease 6 size 1 ramekins with oil. Trim the tortilla wraps to 14cm diameter circles. Line the ramekins with the wraps, pushing them into the bases and up the sides.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a saucepan. Cook the onions for 10 minutes until soft. Spoon into the ramekins. Sprinkle with the thyme, mix the eggs, cream and milk together in a bowl. Season. Divide the Gruyere between the cases. Pour the custard on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut out the bunny ears from the remaining 2 wraps. Brush the ears with oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake alongside the ramekins for 8 minutes until golden.
- When the custard is set, remove from the oven and inset the ears into the quiche. Decorate with carrot for the bunnies’ nose, chives for whiskers and spring onions for the eyes.