Layered New Potato Salad with Bacon
Simply the best combo for salads. Try baby new potatoes with crispy bacon & a delicious dressing flavoured with red wine vinegar, mayonnaise & fresh dill.
- 500 g baby new potatoes, halved if large
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 little gem lettuces, roughly chopped
- 200 g cooked crispy streaky bacon
- 150 g Cheddar, grated
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- sugar to taste
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a jug.
- After 5 minutes, pour 1/3 of the dressing over the potatoes. Season and leave to cool.
- Mix the avocado cubes with the lemon juice and season. Place in the centre of a large round plate. Arrange the tomatoes around the avocado, then arrange the lettuce. Put a single row of potatoes around the lettuce then break the bacon into large pieces and arrange around the potatoes.
- Finally scatter the cheese around the bacon. Put a small bunch of dill on top of the avocado. Serve with the dressing.