Kid’s Chicken Curry
This Kids Chicken Curry is a flavoursome curry that kids will love. Serve with fluffy white rice and some poppadums.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium apple, peeled & thinly sliced
- 100 g baby sweetcorn, cut into quarters (optional)
- 1 tbsp Korma curry paste
- 1/2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 100 g frozen peas
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 150 ml boiling water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the chicken for about 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat the remaing oil in the wok and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the apple and sweetcorn (if using) and sti-fry for 3 miutes.
- Add the korma curry paste, mango chutney, tomato purée, frozen peas, coconut milk, chicken stock and chicken pieces and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season to taste.