This brain boosting breakfast will keep tums full until lunchtime. Swap in different meats & veggies for a variety of flavours.
Did you know that runny or soft-boiled eggs are safe for babies / toddlers to eat? Find out more here
- 2 large eggs, seperated
- 4 tbsp milk or cream
- A knob of butter
- 2 slices ham, diced
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Mix the yolks and milk into a mixing bowl and season.
- Put the whites into a bowl and whisk using an electric whisk until stiff.
- Lightly fold the whites into the yolks until combined.
- Melt the butter in small frying pan.
- Add the mixture to the pan and swirl around until starting to set around the edges.
- Sprinkle with ham and cheese, then place under the grill for about 4 to 5 minutes until just set in the middle and lightly golden.
- Carefully tip onto a plate and serve in wedges.