Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
Grilled chicken strips make great finger food. Serve with sweet potato wedges & steamed veggie sticks.
- 1 skinned chicken breast, batted out to 5 mm (1/4 in) thickness
- a little olive oil, for griddling
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp caster sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cover the chicken breasts with cling film or greaseproof paper and flatten with a mallet. Cut the chicken into strips. Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the chicken for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the griddle and brush with a little oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and griddle for about 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with vegetables like baby carrots or broccoli that your baby could pick up with her fingers.