Gluten Free Cookies
These gluten free cookies taste so good you will never know that they are made without flour.
- 235 g smooth peanut butter, at room temperature
- 165 g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- a large pinch of salt
- 165 g milk chocolate chips (or milk chocolate, chopped)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Put the peanut butter, sugar, egg, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Take rounded tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls. It helps to dip the spoon in water every couple of cookies. Put the balls on baking sheets, spaced 5 cm (2 in) apart. Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers and bake for 12–15 minutes. The cookies should have spread out to around 1/2 cm (1/6 in) thick and have a slightly cracked surface.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack, using a spatula or palette knife. Cool thoroughly and store in an airtight tin for up to 3 days or freeze. If frozen, defrost by spreading out on a baking sheet or plate at room temperature for 30 minutes.