The crowning glory of any dessert table, this is a true queen of puddings! Try & use seasonal fruits for a sweet & refreshing flavour.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 4 egg whites
- 225 g caster sugar
- approx 1 tbsp pink food colouring
- 300 ml double cream, whipped
- 225 g raspberries
- 100 g blueberries
- 150 g strawberries, halved
- pink food colouring
- Pre-heat the oven to 140 C Fan / 160 C. Put a piece of non-stick parchment paper onto a flat baking sheet. Draw a 20 cm circle onto the paper.
- Whisk the egg whites in a free standing mixer until stiff. Add the sugar a teaspoon at a time until stiff and skinny.
- Reserve a quarter of the meringue. Using the mixture, spread out on the base, then build up the sides. Put the reserved mixture into a piping bag filled with a fluted nozzle. Pipe rosettes on top of the sides to make it look like a crown.
- Dip a cocktail stick into the pink food colouring and draw lines of pink on the meringue.
- Place in the oven, then turn down the temperature to 130 Fan and bake for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and leave for another hour.
- When the meringue is cold, whip the cream to soft peaks. Fill the middle with cream and arrange the berries in the centre and a raspberry on top of each meringue rosette to look like jewels on top of the crown