A speedy stir fry for busy work nights that can be made with pork or chicken, in a matter of minutes.
For the Stir Fry:
- 300 g chicken breast sliced into strips (or pork fillet)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1/2 red chilli, diced
- 200 g sugar snap peas
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 250 g brown mushrooms, halved
- salt & black pepper
For the Sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Toss the chicken (or pork) in the honey and season. Heat a frying pan until hot. Add 1 tbsp of oil. Quickly brown the meat. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil. Add spring onions and chilli and fry for 1 minute. Add the remaining vegetables and stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Return the meat to the pan with the sauce. Toss everything together and fry for 2 minutes.