This takeout-style recipe is one you’ll keep forever. It’s quick, tasty & can be made in minutes – making it a top midweek meal for busy days.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
For the Marinade:
- 175 g long grain rice
- 50 g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 140 g onion, finely chopped
- 80 g red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 150 g chicken breast, diced
- 50 g tinned sweetcorn
For the Sauce:
- 2 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 2 eggs,lightly beaten
- a little salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sunflower oil
- Cook the rice in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Add the peas 4 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 3 minutes. Add the pepper and garlic and fry for 5 minutes until soft. Add the chicken and fry until just cooked. Add the rice, peas and sweetcorn. Mix all of the sauce ingredients together. Pour over the rice and fry for one minute.
- Season the eggs with a little salt. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Make a thin omelette by pouring into the pan and then swirl abound the base and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until just set. Turn out onto a board, cut into thin strips.
- Add the strips of egg to the rice and serve.