Chicken & Corn Chowder
Soup is a great lunchbox item to warm up tums during the colder months. Just pour it in a flask & away you go.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 15 g butter
- 1 large shallot
- 1 medium potato, peeled & diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 x 198 g cans of sweetcorn, drained
- 650 ml chicken stock
- 6 tbsp double cream
- 50 g shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley to serve
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the shallot for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the potato, sweet corn and stock, bring up to a simmer and cook until the potato is soft.
- Blend half of this mixture until smooth, then return to the pan and stir in the double cream.
- Season to taste.
- Stir in the shredded chicken. Serve with a little chopped parsley (optional).