Cherry Tomato Spaghettini
A delicious pasta sauce made with shallots, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and parmesan which only takes minutes to prepare
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large banana shallots, finely diced
- 350g ripe cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- A knob of butter
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 20g Parmesan , finely grated
- 225g spaghettini
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the shallots and fry for a few minutes until soft.
Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat, add the tomatoes, rice wine vinegar and butter.
Cook the spaghettini in boiling water until al dente. Drain quickly and add to the pan so there is still some pasta water clinging to the spaghettini.
Add the Parmesan and basil.
Toss together in the pan. Season and serve at once.