Baked potatoes make a healthy alternative to chips. For a speedy option, cook them in the microwave first before roasting them in the oven for 30 mins.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
To start with
- 2 Baked Potatoes
For Butternut Squash filling:
- 100 g butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 10 g butter
- 10 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 20 g grated cheddar cheese, grated
For Broccoli and Cheese filling:
- 125 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 15 g butter
- 15 g plain flour
- 150 ml milk
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 30 g grated cheddar cheese
- 20 g grated Parmesan cheese
For Chilli Bean filling:
- 150 g tin baked beans
- 2 tsp Heinz chilli sauce
- Tabasco, 6 drops or to taste
- 20 g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Wash and prick medium sized baking potatoes.
- For a crispy skin, rub the potatoes lightly with a little olive oil before baking.
- Bake in the oven for about one hour or until tender.
- Alternatively you can cook the two potatoes in a microwave.
- Wash and prick the potatoes and cook on high for 10 minutes,
- then transfer them to an oven preheated to 200C/400F and cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender.
With Butternut Squash
- Steam the butternut squash for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Alternatively bake in the oven with the potato.
- Cut a medium baked potato in half, scoop out the flesh and mash together with the cooked butternut squash, mustard, parmesan and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture back into the potato shells, cover with the grated Cheddar and grill for 5 to 6 minutes.
Broccoli & Cheese Topping
- Steam the broccoli for 5 to 6 minutes until tender.
- Refresh under a cold running tap and leave to drain.
- Melt the butter, stir in the flour, cook for one minute.
- Take off the heat and add the milk gradually to make a smooth sauce.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring until it comes to the boil and then cook for one minute. It will be quite a thick sauce.
- Stir in the mustard, two cheeses, salt and pepper and the broccoli.
- Cut a cross in the top of the potato, gently squeeze and spoon the filling into the middle.
With Chilli Beans
- Mix together the baked beans, Chilli sauce and Tabasco.
- Cut a cross in the top of the potatoes, gently squeeze and spoon the filling into the middle.
- Top with the grated cheese. Place under a preheated grill until golden and bubbling.