Made with wholesome ingredients, these mini Banana Muffins are perfect for little fingers although it will be hard keeping the grown-ups away from them. They make an ideal snack for when you are on-the-go or a perfect little lunch box dessert for school days and picnics. Best of all they are suitable for freezing so you can make a batch to have ready at any time
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 55 g soft light brown sugar
- 1 large, very ripe banana, well mashed
- 55 ml sunflower oil
- 85 g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt (omit for under 1 year olds)
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan. Line 2 mini muffin tins with mini muffin liners.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until thick, stir in the banana and oil.
- Sift on the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt (if using). Then add the vanilla extract and bran left in the sieve, to the bowl too.
- Stir together until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin cases (around 2/3 full) and bake 12-14 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch. Remove and cool.
- Store in an airtight box for up to 3 days or freeze (defrost at room temp approx 1 hour).