This puree is a tasty intro to herbs & spices, guaranteed to excite your little one’s taste-buds.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 apricots, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150 g lean mince beef
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 150 ml water
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onions, carrots, apricots, red pepper and garlic. Fry for 2 – 3 minutes, then add the mince beef and spices and brown with the vegetables.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and water.
- Bring up to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes until tender.
- Blend to a chunky puree.