Apple & Pear Sorbet
Sorbet is easier to make than you might think, plus you can add in your child’s favourite fruits for a tasty teatime treat.
Please log in to view this recipe
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 300 ml water
- 500 g pears, peeled & diced
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 egg white
- Put the sugar and water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the apples, pears and lemon juice, cover and simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. If you have an ice cream making machine, simply follow the manufacturers instructions and you will turn this into a delicious sorbet in about 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, spoon into a food processor and whiz until smooth. Transfer to a shallow dish and freeze for 2 to 3 hours until nearly frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and whisk the sorbet to break up the crystals. Whisk the whites using an electric hand whisk until stiff but not dry, then beat into the sorbet.
- Pour into a plastic container and freeze for 8 hours.