Red meat is great for growing babies as it’s loaded with iron, which they need from 6 months. So refuel their bodies with this delicious Bolognese recipe with tiny pasta shapes.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ celery stalk, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125g lean minced beef
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- A few drops Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 200 ml unsalted or weak beef stock
- 75g AK organice baby pasta shells
- Heat the oil in a saucepan . Add the onion, celery , carrot and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the minced meat and saute until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomatoes , tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce , thyme and beef stock. Bring up to the boil then reduce the heat and cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta . Belnd the sauce if you wish or leave a little chunky and mix with the pasta.