Babies grow more rapidly in their first year than at any other time in their lives, so how you feed your newborn will be one of the most important decisions you make for your new baby. Making your own baby food is not only more economical than buying commercial brands, it also assures that your child consumes only the freshest, top-quality ingredients. British television personality and children’s nutrition expert Annabel Karmel’s essential collection of best-ever purees grants new parents their wish: one hundred quick and easy recipes that will make for a healthy and happy baby. From first tastes and weaning, right through to meals for older babies, all the recipes are suitable for children aged six months and older. And with all these fruit and vegetable favorites, and innovative fish, meat, and chicken purees, the dishes are so tasty you will want to eat them yourself!
In addition to easy and delicious recipes, Top 100 Baby Purees also includes information on:
- Weaning your baby and transitioning to solid foods
- Food allergies
- Time-saving food preparation tips
- Freezing and reheating your homemade baby food
- Tricks on finding the hidden nutrition in everyday foods
- Featuring a preface by Dr. Michel Cohen, New York pediatrician and author of The New Basics: A-to-Z Baby & Child Care for the Modern Parent