Yummy Salmon & Rice Salad
This quick & easy recipe has a great mix of flavours & is good for a light lunch, picnic or lunchbox.
- 300 g salmon fillet
- A generous knob of butter
- 200 g long grain rice
- 200 g frozen garden peas
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 0.5 cucumber, peeled & seeds removed & diced
- small bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsps runny honey
- Pre heat the oven 200C / 180 Fan/ Gas 6.
- Wrap the salmon & knob of butter in foil & place on a baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven & leave to cool.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions but add the peas 4 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain & refresh in cold water.
- Measure the remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Add the cooked rice & peas then flake in the cold salmon & any juices from the foil. Season well.