Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls with Chicken
For a healthy lunchbox snack, these rice paper rolls are full of crunchy veggies. Serve with some peanut dipping sauce for extra flavour.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 50 g vermicelli
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 carrrot, grated
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 5 cm piece cucumber, sliced into batons
- 8 rice paper wraps
- 1/4 red chilli
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 150 ml water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
Put the noodles into a bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand for 5 minutes. Drain and roughly chop.
Mix the chilli sauce, vinegar and garlic together in a bowl. Add the chicken and season.
Soak the wraps for 30 seconds in a bowl of hot water.
Put one wrap on a dry plate. Top with some of the noodles, sliced chicken and vegetables. Roll up to make a cigar shape. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Slice each on in half.
TO MAKE THE PEANUT SAUCE . Heat 1 tsp of oil in a saucepan. Add the chilli and garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk over the heat until smooth. leave to cool. Serve as a dipping sauce with the wraps.