Mini Muffin Pizzas
English muffins make delicious pizza bases. You can vary the toppings by adding some cherry tomatoes & sweetcorn instead of the courgette & mushroom combo.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 English breakfast muffin, cut in half
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp red pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 to 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 small courgette, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g grated mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese
- 1 slice ham or salami cut into pieces (optional for non-vegetarians)
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and cook the onion, mushrooms and courgette until softened and becoming golden.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Toast the muffins until golden.
- Mix together the tomato puree and red pesto and spread over the muffins.
- Divide the vegetables between the two halves and scatter the cheese over the top.
- Place under a pre-heated grill for about 4 minutes or until golden and bubbling.