Vegetable Pad Thai
Pad Thai is a Thai noodle dish made from stir-fried noodles and ingredients like shallots, rice noodles, vegetables, soy sauce, fish sauce and in this case no eggs !!
You can add some chopped peanuts, a little red chilli (sauté with the shallots) and some cubes of fried tofu.
- 175g medium rice noodles
- 75g broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 shallots or 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetarian fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Cubes of fried tofu
- Chopped peanuts
- Wedges of lime
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Add the broccoli for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Heat the sesame oil and fry the shallots or onion, pepper, carrot and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the noodles and broccoli (fried tofu if using) along with all the ingredients for the sauce. Season to taste .
- Toss together over the heat until heated through. Add the chopped peanuts if using and serve with some wedges of lime .