Quick and easy to make, can incorporate any vegetables you have in the fridge
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 200 g (7oz) fusilli pasta
- 50 g (2oz) frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 100 g (4 oz) small broccoli florets
- 1 medium courgette
- 125 ml (4 1/2 fl oz) creme fraiche
- 125 ml (4 1/2 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 75 g (2 1/2 fl oz) Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 6-8 medium-ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water according to the instructions on the packet and add the peas 4 minuted before the end of the cooking time. Drain the pasta and peas
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and saute the onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add the yellow pepper, broccoli and courgette and saute for about 8 minutes or until just tender.
- Stir in the creme fraiche and the vegetable stock. Bring up to the boil and reduce by a third. Add the Parmesan and season. Then add the tomatoes and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the drained pasta, courgette and peas and toss together.
- Serve with extra Parmesan to sprinkle on top if you wish.