Looking for a delicious (and adorable) vegan burger recipe? Look no further than Annabel’s Bunny Burger! This fun and flavourful burger recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s also a great way to enjoy a plant-based meal that’s packed with protein and nutrients. Perfectly designed to fit Baker Street’s soft and tasty burger buns, this recipe is sure to satisfy all of your burger cravings. So, hop on over to the kitchen and get ready to make a tasty and wholesome Bunny Burger that’s perfect for any occasion!
Vegan Bunny Burger
Vegan Bunny Burger
1 medium courgette, grated
50g chestnut mushrooms, ﬁnely chopped
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp fresh ﬂat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
½ tbsp soy sauce
150g fresh brown breadcrumbs
1 tbsp chia seeds or 1 tsp egg substitute powder
2 tbsp sunﬂower oil
Salt and pepper, to season
1 x pack of Baker Street Burger Buns
Cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
- Put the grated carrot and courgette in a clean tea towel and squeeze out the excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl and add the mushrooms, oregano, parsley, cayenne pepper, ketchup, soy sauce and 100g of the breadcrumbs. Mix well and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Put the chia seeds (if using) in a small bowl with 3 tablespoons of cold water and leave for 5 minutes until thickened. Add the mixture to the vegetables in the bowl or, if using egg substitute, mix the powder with 2 tablespoons of cold water then add it to the mixture.
- Shape the mixture into 6 burgers and coat each burger in the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the burgers in batches for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
- Decorate your bunny burgers with cucumber for the ears, cheese and carrot circles for the eyes and nose and chives for the whiskers.
- Serve with soup or salad.
Similar products you might enjoy!