Perfect your pilaf with this delicious recipe, using up leftover Christmas turkey.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 150 g basmati rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50 g frozen peas
- 100 g sweetcorn
- 175 g cooked turkey, finely diced
- 2 1/2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- a knob of butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water. Drain and refresh under cold water, leave to drain and cool.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté over a low heat for 8 minutes until soft.
- Add the peas and stir for 3 minutes. Add the turkey, sweetcorn and cooked rice.
- Stir-fry over the heat to heat through. Add the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.
- Heat a small frying pan. Mix the eggs with the milk and season with a little salt.
- Melt the butter. Add the eggs and scramble until the eggs are cooked and dry. Break up into small pieces, then add to the rice. Season to serve.