Christmas is upon us and who doesn’t have extra turkey to spare at the end of Christmas dinner?! Use these lovely Turkey leftovers to create these delicious turkey balls to feed the family for the rest of the festive season.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 75g parsnip, peeled and diced
- 150g sweet potato , peeled and diced
- 200g minced turkey thigh
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 30g fresh spinach
- 20g grated Cheddar
- 1 tsp thyme. chopped
- Omit Chicken stock
- Add 30g Panko readcrumbs
- Prick the sweet potato and cook in a microwave for 10 minutes until soft . Leave to cool. Scoop out the potato. Grate the parsnip.
- Measure all of the ingredients into a food processor. Whiz until finely chopped.
- Season for babies over one and shape into 25 balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry for 8 to 10 miutes , turning until golden and cooked through.
- Alternatively preheat an oven to 180C / 160C Fanand cook the chicken balls for about 15 minutes turning halfway through until cooked through.