Tuna, Potato, Tomato & Spinach Mash
Babies can get lazy about chewing, so when the time’s right keep introducing texture. This mashed puree is a good introduction to lumps.
- 1 leek, sliced
- 300 g potatoes, peeled & cubed
- a knob of butter
- 1 x 160 g tinned tuna in oil, drained
- 50 g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Put the leek and potato into a saucepan. Cover with water. Bring up to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and mash.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Add the potato, leek and the remaining ingredients.
- Stir together until the cheese has melted.