Trio of Vegetables with Tomatoes & Basil
Root veggies puree to a smooth consistency, making them an ideal first food. The mix of the butternut squash & carrots compliments the tomatoes, basil & cheese perfectly.
- 100g butternut squash, diced into 1 cm cubes
- ]1 carrot, peeled and diced into 1 cm cubes
- 100g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- A generous knob of butter
- 2 medium tomatoes , skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 6 basil leaves (optional)
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Steam the butternut squash and carrot of 6 minutes , then add the cauliflower and steam for a further 6 minutes .
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the chopped tomatoes . Sauté over a high heat for 3 to 4 minutes (if making in a Nutribaby(+) add the butter to the veggies and then when melted add the tomatoes and cheese) .
- If not making in a Nutribaby(+) Add the vegetables , basil and grated cheese . Stir for a few minutes and blend until smooth.