Trail mix is a snack that gets its name from those who hike, backpack or mountaineer. It’s a common treat for those in need of an energy boost.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 55 g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup or clear honey
- 100 g quick cook oats
- 80 g packed soft brown sugar
- 30 g cheerios
- 40 g raisins
- 40 g salted peanuts or pumpkin seeds
- 55 g milk chocolate chips or dried cranberries
- 35 g sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Line a 20 cm x 20 cm (8 in x 8 in) tin with baking parchment and grease lightly.
- Put the butter and golden syrup in a small pan over a low heat until the butter has melted. Set aside to cool.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir together. Add the cooled butter mixture and mix well to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and press down firmly.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes until the centre is just firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 15 minutes then mark into 8 bars, using a sharp knife. Allow to cool completely before lifting from the pan. Store in an airtight container.