Traffic Light Sandwich Stacks
Stacking sarnies is a great way to get children exploring different flavour combos – an important step in getting children enjoying a variety of foods and flavours.
- 4 slices of bread
- 3 ½ tbsp hummus
- ½ carrot, peeled and grated
- 15g spinach leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Put the bread onto a board. Spread 3 tbsp of hummus over 3 slices of bread. Spread ½ tbsp. over the remaining slice of bread.
- Top one slice with sliced tomato, the second with grated carrot, and spinach on the third slice.
- Layer up the bread to that you have spinach, carrot and tomato. Then place the remaining slice of bread spread with hummus side down on the tomato. Press down firmly.
- Remove the crusts and slice into 4 triangles.