This Tortilla Pizza Margherita switches dough for a tortilla wrap as the base to your pizza. Load with your favourite toppings before popping in the oven to cook. This recipe makes great finger food or snack and it is quick and easy to make. Allow the kids to get creative with this one its fun and easy to assemble and a great introduction to cooking for the little ones. Make sure a grown-up does the cooking though as the melted cheese will be very hot so be careful!
- 1 wheat tortilla wrap
- 2 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 30 g Cheddar or mozzarella, grated
- 1 rasher of bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled over the pizza
- 1 small slice ham cut into thin strips or 1 slice of salami
- 2-3 black stoned olives, cut into rings
- 1 cherry tomato, cut into rings
- 2 cubes drained canned pineapple, cut into dice
- 1 tbsp diced red pepper
- 1 tbsp drained canned sweetcorn
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in a little oil
- 3-4 very thin slices courgette, brushed with a little oil before putting on pizza
- 1 tbsp grated Italian hard style cheese
- 2 sunblush tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400F/Gas 6/Fan 180.
- Put the tortilla wrap on a baking sheet and spread over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese.
- You can also add any toppings that your child may like (see suggestions below).
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp. Cut into triangles and allow to cool slightly before serving.