Give the gift of edible blooms with these tomato tulips. They’re the perfect tasty treat for Easter or Mother’s day, perhaps after a relaxing lie-in…
180g cream cheese
Small bunch of chives
Grind of black pepper
Pinch of salt
12 spring onions
12 wooden skewers
A little wire
- Mix the cream cheese, finely chopped chives and seasoning and put in a small piping bag.
- Trim the leaves of the spring onions to look pretty and remove the root. Carefully push skewers up through base of spring onion so that they are hidden all the way to the top and then come out by just less than an inch. If you want the stems to bend on any of the tulips, you will need to attach a length of wire to the skewer which is curved.
- Carefully cut a cross into a tomato and remove any excess pulp.
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture into the centre of each tomato.
- Gently push the tomato onto the exposed skewer.
- Repeat with remaining tomatoes.
- Arrange your beautiful array of tasty tulips! Just be careful to remove any wooden skewers or wire before serving to young children.
Similar products you might enjoy!