Tomato, Carrot & Cheese
A two-way wonder, these recipe ingredients can be made into a puree or a soup, just add more stock.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot (approx 100g), peeled & chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp split red lentils
- 250 g sweet potato, peeled & chopped
- 200 ml Annabel Karmel’s Tomato, carrot & cheese sauce
- 200 ml unsalted vegetable stock or water
- Heat the vegetable oil and sauté the onion, carrot and celery for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Rinse the lentils and sauté for one minute.
- Add the sweet potato and pour over the tomato, carrot and cheese sauce and the stock or water.
- Bring to the boil; turn down the heat and simmer, covered with a lid for 20 minutes.
- Puree together with the grated Cheddar using an electric hand blender to your desired consistency.