Thai-Style Chicken Stir Fry
Using core Thai ingredients like green curry paste, this stir fry has oodles of authentic flavour. Plus, it’s super quick to make.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp green Thai curry paste
- 2 tbsp soy
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 250 g button mushrooms, halved
- 75 g water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- 120 g baby pak choi, broken into small leaves
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 50 g beansprouts
- 25 g peanuts, roughly chopped
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Put the chicken strips into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp of the sauce and season.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Add the chicken and quickly stir fry until just cooked. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok. Add the onion, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the sauce, pak choi and chicken and toss over the heat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into a bowl and garnish with beansprouts and peanuts.