Soba noodles are thin Japanese noodles made of buckwheat flour and in Japan is traditionally considered polite to slurp noodles noisily. This would be fun to serve with child-friendly chopsticks.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 250 g (9 oz) salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp sake
- 160 g (5 1/2 oz) soba noddles
- 60 g (2 1/2 oz) spring onions, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the salmon into large cubes. Mix together the teriyaki sauce, mirin and sake and pour over the salmon. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak 4 bamboo skewers in water so that they don’t burn when cooked, and cook the soba noodles in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Preheat the oven 220C/425F/Gas 7. Thread the salmon cubes onto the bamboo skewers. Bake the salmon skewers in the oven for 8 minutes
- Fold the spring onions through the noodles and season to taste. Place the salmon skewers on top of the noodles and serve.
VARIATION: Saute the spring onion with a handful of beansprouts, stir in 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce and toss with the cooked noodles.