Teriyaki Chicken Balls
These are so incredibly tasty and so easy to make. Serve with a side of veggies or on top of egg-fried rice or plain rice.
- Free e-recipe book on sign up
- Access to exclusive recipes & content
- Exclusive offers on AK products
- Great competitions and prizes
- Never miss a thing with our newsletter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 large apple, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp fresh ginger , grates
- 500g chicken thigh meat, diced
- 40g Panko breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200C Fan
- Put the onion, apple, carrot and ginger into a processor. Whiz until roughly chopped. Add the chicken and breadcrumbs and whiz again until finely chopped.
- Shape into 35 balls . Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Measure all of the glaze ingredients into a frying pan. Simmer for 2 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Add the balls to the pan and heat thoroughly for about 2 minutes until the glaze has coated the balls.
- Alternatively preheat an oven to 180C / 160C Fan and cook the chicken balls for about 15 minutes turning halfway through until cooked through